Single Union Ball Valve FT*MT
- A ball valve is a valve that opens by turning a handle/gear attached to a ball inside the valve. The ball has a hole or port through the middle, so that when the port is in line with both ends of the valve, flow will occur. When the valve is closed, the hole is perpendicular to the ends of the valve, and flow is blocked. The handle’s position indicates the valve's position.
- Ball valves are durable and usually work to achieve perfect shut off even after years of disuse. They are therefore an excellent choice for shut off applications.
- Quick disconnection union ends for ease of maintenance or modification of piping system.
- Smooth flow path eliminates pressure loss.
- Low operating torque.
- Handle can be removed and used as a tool to tighten and adjust seal compression resulting from seat wear.
- Valve cartridge must be removed from system for maintenance, hand tighten only.
- Fast replacement of O-rings and ball seat without additional equipment.
- We recommend flanged end connections for joining a metal system to a plastic system.
- We do not recommend the joining of metal male pipe thread with plastic female pipe thread.
- When installing flanges, it is critical that bolts be equally tightened in sequence which diametrically opposed to each other.